Saturday, September 8, 2018

How to find projects or internships for students to include and display in their Free Websites by ASKing THIS QUESTION: "How can my students help you with your business?"

Go to HUNDR.ED to see this project
Teachers are called "advisors" at the Met in the Big Picture Learning system.   Advisors look for mentors and opportunities for students to learn (a) through their interests (b) out in the city/out of the school.

Here's how a teacher in California (newtechhigh.org) explains in a blogpost






Go to HUNDR.ED to see this project
We often make the mistake, as educators, of going to community and industry partners with our hands out.  We ask, "What can industry do for my students? How can industry help"  It wasn't until I was talking with a team member at an Adobe field trip that I realized that I tend to swap that request around.
My first question, whenever I meet anyone in industry is, "How can my students help you with your business?"  
CLICK HERE FOR THE FULL BLOGPOST
Go to HUNDR.ED to see this project

Teachers will do well if they learn from New Tech High.   Parents can go here, too, and download the documents that are displayed at HUNDR.ED (the site for sharing innovation). 

No comments:

Post a Comment