Wednesday, December 21, 2016

How can the Free Website Project help teachers and students use Google Drive to organize and collect projects and exhibitions?

Here is a document that might help teachers use Google Drive

Find this document at www.TINYURL.com/combineprojects

How to combine Projects, Portfolios, Google Drive and Exhibitions


Steve McCrea (954) 646 8246


Item
Where
Essays
Google Docs
Posters
Canva.com, Google Docs, Photos.Google.com
Exhibitions, Performances of Understanding
Videos
Youtube, Photos.Google.com
Private or Unlisted to protect privacy
Powerpoint, Prezi, Slideshows
Google Slides, PDF
Create a book
Createspace on Amazon.com
Portfolio on the web
Google Sites
Writing and Collaborating (working together)
Blogger, Wordpress
Collections of “what’s important to me”
Photo Gallery
Instagram,Snapchat, Facebook, Photos.google
Projects
“Market a book”  Persuade us to read a poem or analyze lyrics of a song
Create a business card, make posters on Canva.com
Goodreads.com, Amazon.com (reviews)
Create a fan page, create an article
Wikipedia article (editing, create an article)

Begin with the End in Mind
How to present the idea to students:  
  1. Look at what kids do at High Tech High schools in California
  2. www.TINYURL.com/exampleDP (12 book reviews by Ben Staley)  and www.TINYURL.com/abelsite  4 pages, 3 photos and an internship
  3. Step-by-step help at www.TinyURL.com/fwpstart


Each student has a website for showing his/her work.  Students don’t need to create the page (I can do that, with the help of student volunteers).  


“Time is a variable” -- students have extra time to submit their work.  


A reflection about each project by students.


Typical layout of the work will include a summary page (below) showing the rubric for evaluating projects

Projects can include work in other classes.  
One large project can earn credit in several subjects.
Needed:  Communication with other teachers


Privacy
Teacher can create the website and add the student as an editor.
Or  Student can create the website and documents and add the teacher as an editor.


Teacher adds comments to the Google Doc essay


Summary Page for each student
(an example)


Project
Excellent
Meets
expectations
Not there yet
(beginning)
Student’s reasons about this rating
Teacher’s evaluation
Project 1
Poster
xx


I feel I put a lot of effort into thisproject.  I met with my Science teacher and my history teacher so I can get points for those classes with this project

Project 2
Essay

xx

I completed the items that the rubric requires

Project 3
Book review

xx

I turned this project on time and I have at least three people who made comments about my review.

Project 4
Movie review

xx

I made a poster in addition to writing an essay.  I posted a review on Amazon and I got two other students to “like” my review

Project 5


xx
I need help in getting started.  I don’t have a good idea and I really don’t like this project























Other skills
How to deliver the skills
Ten finger typing
Search “free course 10 finger typing”
Bigger vocabulary
Spread the Words SAT app
Mental math practice
Math Workout app
Learn another language
Translate Google app





No comments:

Post a Comment